Robert Downey Jr. is known as one of the most famous and highest paid American Actor who was born on 4th April 1965. He has worked in a large number of Hollywood movies, but the best movie which is responsible or the reason behind his massive success is Iron Man. In the Iron Man movie series, he plays the character of Tony Starck which is one of my favorite characters. After the Intro, now I am going to share Robert Downey Jr quotes which is the topic of my post.
Inspirational Robert Downey Jr Quotes
So a list of best Inspirational quotes by Robert Downey Jr. is in the following:
1. “Listen, smile, agree and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.”
2. “Worrying is like praying for something that you don’t want to happen.”
3. “Do I want to be a hero to my son? No. I would like to be a very real human being. That’s hard enough.”
4. “The lesson is that you can still make mistakes and be forgiven.”
5. “Sometimes you just gotta be drop-kicked out of the nest.”
Also Read: Famous Master Yoda Quotes & Sayings
6. “I know very little about acting. I am just an incredibly gifted faker.” Robert Downey Jr.
7. “Acting is always a challenge.”
8. “It doesn’t matter whether or not you can act. If you can go into a room and make these sweaters want you, that’s what’ll get you the job.”
9. “If someone really takes a risk, it doesn’t get dismissed. That’s what happened when the Oscar was won posthumously by Heath Ledger, who did one of the definitive villain performances of all time. But it really has to be exceptional in defining everything we previously knew about the actress or the actor.”
10. “Growing up is something that you do your whole life. I want to always feel that I can be a kid if I want.”
11. “Look, even bad years are pretty good years, I think.”
12. “I think you end up doing the stuff you were supposed to do at the time you were supposed to do it.”
13. “I think that we all do heroic things, but the hero is not a noun, it’s a verb.”
Also Read: 25 Best Morpheus Quotes From The Matrix
14. “I think life changes every year.” Robert Downey Jr.
15. “I guess the issue for me is to keep things dynamic.”
16. “I think that the power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done.”
17. “I’m coming from a place of total strength and humility now.”
18. “With a terrible script, you hustle and try to make it better. But with a good script it can be trouble because you rest on your laurels, so to speak, you think it’s going to translate easily.”
19. “All I want, and I think all any parent with a semblance of a moral psychology wants, is for my kid to have his own experience, uninhibited.”
20. “To me, friendship means loving tolerance.” Robert Downey Jr.
22. “I always think part of success is being able to replicate results, taking what is interesting or viable about yourself as a professional person and seeing if you bring it into different situations with similar results.”
23. “People never change because they are under threat or under duress. Never. They change because they see something that makes their life seem valuable enough to start moving toward a life worth living.”
24. “There are some parents who have really done it right and told their kid, You know, we have this dough, none of this is for you. You have to get your own.”
Also Read: 33 Inspirational Tom Cruise Quotes
25. “I know who I am.” Robert Downey Jr. Quotes
26. “Remember that just because you hit bottom doesn’t mean you have to stay there.” Robert Downey Jr.
27. “I don’t need an Iron Man suit.”
28. “Mediocrity is my biggest fear. I’m not afraid of total failure because I don’t think that will happen. I’m not afraid of success because that beats the hell out of failure. It’s being in the middle that scares me.”
29. “You have to let go of the things that are darling to you. You have to take the focus off yourself and put it on the shape of the scene and the intention of what everyone else needs.”
Also Read: 20 Best Batman Quotes
30. “I am in the continual process of transcending fear. ” Robert Downey Jr.
31. “The higher the stakes, the happier I am, the better I will be.”
32. “One must always be mindful.”
33. “People rise out of the ashes because, at some point, they are invested with a belief in the possibility of triumph over seemingly impossible odds.”
34. “Nothing will serve you better than a strong work ethic. Nothing.”
35. “I think it’s good to be confident. If I’m not on my team why should anybody else be?”
36. “I think it’s good to be confident. If I’m not on my team why should anybody else be?” Robert Downey Jr.
37. “At the end of the day, anything I think I’m sacrificing I’m just giving up because it makes me feel better.”
38. “Discipline for me is about respect. It’s not even about self-respect; it’s about respect for life and all it offers.”
39. “I used to be so convinced that happiness was the goal, yet all those years I was chasing after it I was unhappy in the pursuit. Maybe the goal really should be a life that values honor, duty, good work, friends, and family.”
40. “I have a sense of destiny that you are led to the things you are supposed to do.”
Also Read: 30 Best Superman Quotes
41. “You need to know what to do when the sun is not shining.” Robert Downey Jr.
42. “I’ve always felt like an outsider in this industry. Because I’m so insane I guess.”
43. “If I could eat whatever I wanted every day, I would have Domino’s pizza with pasta carbonara inside every slice. And at night, I would have Neapolitan ice cream until I felt absolutely toxic. And then I would drift off telling myself, ‘It’s going to be O.K… It’s going to be O.K. you’re going to train in the morning.”
Also Read: 20 Best Batman Quotes
44. “Life is just so painful and messy and hard and worth it and all that stuff.” Robert Downey Jr.
45. “It’s hard to get out of the barrel. It’s slippery around the edges and people are happy to see you fall back in.”
46. “I don’t want to be so confident in myself.”
47. “I want to give myself the freedom not to have to be projecting my whole life ahead.”
48. But I will agree that I think that things happen with people in relationships, that you might have been able to enjoy Morocco, say, if you weren’t getting out of a bad marriage. You know what I mean?”
49. “Dad’s Jewish and Irish, Mom’s German and Scotch. I couldn’t say I was anything. My last name isn’t even Downey. My dad changed his name when he wanted to get into the Army and was underage. My real name is Robert Elias. I feel like I’m still looking for a home in some way.”
50. “For years I took pride in being resilient.”
Also Read: 50 Best J. K. Rowling Quotes